Sunday, March 19, 2006

San Diego Musician Anticipates Joining Toronto Blue Jays


With the 2006 Major League Baseball season on our doorstep, players and fans alike are getting very excited about another summer of hot dogs, beer and pennant races. A local San Diego musician is particularly excited about the upcoming season. Andrew Mills, professional guitarist and self-proclaimed pitcher, feels that his time has come and that he will be joining the Toronto Blue Jays this season.

"That's the team I want. They have a strong rotation and I want to be a part of that," Mills said.

Mills anticipates being the third man in the rotation behind staff ace Roy Halladay and newly acquired power pitcher AJ Burnett. He expects to be followed by sophomore left-hander Gustavo Chacin and the ever improving Josh Towers.

When I asked Mills what he thought would happen to 30 year old left-hander Ted Lilly, he replied:

"Ted's a great pitcher. He's got good stuff. But when they see what I bring to the clubhouse the choice will be obvious. He'll have to settle for the bullpen or be traded."

General manager JP Ricciardi seems to be completely unaware of Mills' existence.

"Who?," said Ricciardi when asked about when he would be giving Mills the call.

Mills is not going to let that bother him.

"It doesn't worry me. I'm just going to stay the course and keep getting ready for opening day."

Mills has been working as a professional musician for the last few years now. He is a fine guitar player. Although, when I asked him about his decision to change careers and his total lack of professional baseball experience, he replied:

"It's just the next logical step in my career. If I can play Stairway to Heaven front to back, I can certainly throw a 98 mph cut fastball."

9 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Blogger Junk in the Trunk said...

ha ha. Nice. I remember that conversation.

Well played

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Meredith said...

Oh, Andrew you're soooo talented.... I never thought that I would be married to both a professional musician AND a major league pitcher. (and have them be the same person..... tee hee hee).
We'zz GOIN' BE RICH!!!!! (biatch)

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger blogblog said...

Hey! I just wanted to thank you for checking out my blogs. I post jokes and recipes online but I'm also a musician. Appreciate the vistis! Take care

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Hanna-Stina said...

Thank you so much for bringing me the laugh of today. :) I really needed it. And good luck with your new career!

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

Meredith - Yeah, good thing their both in the same person, eh? Although, if you wait long enough Polygamy will be a normal part of life! Ew.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Junk in the Trunk said...

Or you can just move to Salt Lake City

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Meredith said...

hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......... Salt Lake City you say?

Wait, no..... 'Ew' is definitely the right word.....
EW EW EW

 
At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever it takes to get rich & famous (especially rich...I expect you to support me in my old age) As your ex-coach, I always knew you had great potential

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Junk in the Trunk said...

Hey, now I can say I've played baseball with a Major League Pitcher, and (floor) hockey with an NHL player - not that I'm that proud to know that guy - booooo! #25

 

Post a Comment

<< Home